C3 Ultraviolet Cassette
The “C3” has been designed with high performance, reliability, cost and energy efficiency in mind. This reflector enables printers to UV-cure the process colours whilst consuming the minimum input power, handling the majority of process colour work at only 140 W/cm. For more demanding work, up to 200 W/cm of power is available.
The design features a fully-focussed reflector geometry and incorporates dichroic coated reflector inserts. A good balance between high intensity UV output and a moderate heat is achieved, the latter aiding in the curing process. The reflector geometry coupled with the dichroic inserts, which reflect 100% of the UV, produce a strong penetrative cure. Heat management is maintained by two methods; firstly the dichroic material which absorbs heat into the reflector and secondly, by GEW’s optional “Cold Filter” which is situated between the reflector and the substrate.
Figure 1. Typical C3 ultraviolet cassette.
Figure 2. C3 reflector cross-section.
- Moderate heat output boosts curing performance (increased temperature accelerates rate of chemical reaction).
- Fully focussed reflector geometry and surface properties tuned for uncompromised curing power.
- High intensity UV output allows full curing even at reduced lamp power.
- ‘Cold Shutter’ automatically shields the substrate from UV and IR radiation when stopping the press.
- Optional ‘Cold Filter’ for curing on moderately heat-sensitive substrates.
- Long life reflector inserts can be easily and cost-effectively exchanged.
- High speed printing and coating
- Process colour work at low lamp input power (<140W/cm)
- Heat-stable substrates
- Machines fitted with chill rollers / drums
- Heavy ink / coating laydown
- Cationic inks
- Ink jet
Note: This product replaces the XC Cassette (Extreme Cure Cassette).