All GEW UV systems with e-Brick lamp controllers.
Frequency of e-Brick Air Filter Inspection, Cleaning and ReplacementIt is apparent that some users are not inspecting and servicing their e-Brick air filters often enough. Some e-Bricks are also operating outside of their specified ambient temperature range of +5C to +40C. Either situation can cause a temperature trip-out and either will cause premature failure of the e Brick. Please note that such failures are not covered by the GEW warranty.
|The air intake filter on this e-Brick was totally choked with dust and the unit eventually failed. This avoidable situation proved both expensive and inconvenient for the printer. |
However, the solution is simple; regular inspection and servicing of your e-Bricks will help keep your press running reliably and will reduce your running costs. Please follow the service instructions as detailed in your equipment manual.
Servicing your e-Brick Lamp Controller
For your convenience the relevant sections of the e-Brick operating manual are appended to this bulletin. Please take particular note of the UV System Maintenance Schedule and the Filter Service Record. Place these in a plastic folder and fix it in a handy place on the equipment. The operator can fill in the record at the specified intervals.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Keep the area adjacent to the e-Bricks free from dust but do not sweep the dust while the system is operating. The use of a dampened mop is preferable but please be aware of electrical hazards.
- Raising the e-Bricks off the floor may reduce dust ingress.
- e-Bricks have a yellow ribbon attached above the air outlet. Please check to see that the ribbon is blown outwards during operation. If it isn’t, it’s a sure sign of blocked filters.
- Ensure adequate ventilation around the e-Bricks and avoid air recirculation paths.
- Keep sources of hot air away from the air inlets (eg. fans and ducting).
Spares and Service
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com or click on the Contact Us button above for full contact information.
|Spare part numbers:||Intake filter medium||10485|
| ||Exhaust filter medium||24504 (3.6, 9, & 12kW e-Bricks)|
| ||Exhaust filter medium||25392 (22kw e-Bricks)|
Click here to download this document and the addendum as a pdf document.