AeroLED is a high power system for full cure, printing, coating and converting applications up to 60cm wide; it is also compatible with GEW’s renowned ArcLED system. Using the same fan and ducting arrangement as the industry standard E2C, customers have total flexibility to switch between arc and LED curing on any station. No filters are required due to the high redundancy, making maintenance a breeze and an AeroLED retrofit more cost effective than ever before. Moreover any customers with GEW’s RHINO/RLT power supply platform can upgrade to LED within a matter of hours, by simply changing the cassettes and running a software upgrade.
In an AeroLED system, air is extracted by a single centralised fan sited away from the press. There is no need for integrated fans or electronics in the individual lampheads, which eliminates the high pitched noise and risk of failure that these bring. AeroLED features the same LED chassis and core components as GEW’s LeoLED lamphead, for proven reliability. As with LeoLED, the lamphead has tough watertight seals to protect the LED modules from ingress and to make cleaning easy and safe. Every aspect of the design has been carefully considered to deliver robust performance and long-term reliability.
AeroLED’s efficient optical design enables the lowest energy usage of all GEW products. This delivers energy savings of up to 70% when compared to a conventional UV arc system. In addition to offering greatly reduced operating costs, printers upgrading to LED are able to free up a significant level of mains capacity, which can then be used to install new machinery and subsequently increase production capability. Two AeroLED systems have a lower electrical supply requirement than just one conventional arc UV system.
A further advantage of LED is its predictability and stability of UV output in the curing process. AeroLED delivers a step change in process control by ensuring stable UV output year after year, and eliminates the uncertainty of conventional UV lamps, reflectors and mechanisms to ensure consistent production quality. As is the case with all new GEW UV products, AeroLED uses GEW’s RHINO power supply and control range, for ultimate reliability with Industry 4.0 approved, IoT Remote Monitoring as standard.
Find out more below or download our brochure now:
…the most affordable route to LED printing.
Benefits of AeroLED
- Fully air-cooled – Single centralised fan system for quiet and reliable operation, No chiller required; significantly reducing investment cost and power consumption, No heat exhausted onto press or into press room, air can be ducted out
- Cut your energy costs by up to 70%, with ROIs on new machinery less than 1 year. No ozone, no mercury
- Most efficient curing – Large window gives maximum light extraction; longer dwell time increases dose, Same LED modules as GEW’s proven LeoLED lamphead
- Proven reliability – AeroLED features the same LED chassis and core components as GEW’s LeoLED, for proven reliability, Embedded temperature sensors constantly monitor the LEDs to ensure safe, long-term operation and reliability
- Easy maintenance – Tough watertight seals protect LEDs from ingress and make for easy cleaning, GEW’s standard cassette design for easy maintenance, No integrated fans or electronics in lamphead, Robust air cooled heatsinks are easily accessible
- Free up mains capacity with electrical requirements over 50% less than arc – 2 AeroLED systems require the same power as 1 E2C system!
|Max electrical power||53W / cm|
|Irradiance at window||18W / cm2*|
|Typical dose @ 100m / min||185mJ / cm2*|
|Standard cross section||110mm W x 190mm H|
|Standard max |
|Standard max humidity||Non-condensing|
|Expected diode lifetime||>30,000 hours‡|
*Measured under standard GEW lab conditions with a standard lamphead configuration
**365nm, 385nm & 405nm available upon request
‡ Lumen Maintenance Life Projection according to IES LM-80 and IES TM-21
ArcLED – You need it, we’ve got it
ArcLED hybrid UV technology allows interchanging of a UV Arc lamp or LED array in the same housing.
Optimise your press with a mixture of Arc and LED curing on any station, for the ultimate flexibility.
Retrofit your press with UV LED in less than one day
For GEW RHINO and RLT users, UV curing systems can be upgraded to AeroLED with minimal downtime by simply replacing the cassettes and running a software upgrade.
The table below illustrates the components needed for an AeroLED retrofit based on the existing UV curing technology on your press.
GEW deliver a complete integrated UV curing solution, including lampheads, cooling equipment, power supply and user control systems.
Speak directly to a sales representative
AeroLED is a state of the art air-cooled UV LED curing technology that will give your business a competitive advantage in the label and narrow web market.
If you would like to find out more about this curing system, we are here to help. Please contact the sales representative that is best placed for your region.