mUVm (Multi-point UV monitoring)
A simple user interface displays the UV output of the lamps on GEW’s touchscreen and alarms can be set to warn when it gets too low or too high. With up to ﬁve sensors per lamp monitoring once a second, unprecedented control over the UV curing process can now be achieved, across the width of the process and throughout the production run.
The benefits of this include:
- Easily see when UV lamps reach the end of their working life
- Attain 100% UV inspection, with a documented record for each production batch
- Improve compliance with European food contact packaging regulations, such as:
- Framework Regulation (EC) 1935/2004 article 3
- Good Manufacturing Practice Regulation (EC) 2023/2006
- Plastics Regulation (EU) 10/2011, Swiss Ordinance SR 817.023.21)
- Save energy by reducing lamp running power without risking under-cured product
- Create a UV curing certiﬁcate for every batch by recording live UV outputs for every lamp
To ensure readings remain consistent, filtered compressed air purging prevents dirt and dust ingress for long term reliable operation and an easily removable optical assembly allows supplementary cleaning if required.
Each sensor can be ordered in either the broadband or UVC spectral range and can be fitted on all GEW arc lamp systems with RHINO or RLT power supplies.
Watch our mUVm video for more information:
Speak directly to a sales representative
If you would like to know more about this customisation option, we are here to help. Please contact the sales representative that is best placed for your region.
International Sales Manager
Email David directly
Vice President, Sales
Email Amir directly
Director, International Sales
Email Marcus directly