NUVA2 is the most effective UV curing system for wide web coating and specialist industrial applications. Fully air cooled up to 250cm and available up to 27kW total lamp power, NUVA2 is available with a wide range of customisation and integration options.
GEW’s patented reflectors are actively cooled to ensure that heat transfer to the substrate is minimised, whilst delivering the highest UV intensity and dose available. The quick-change cassette design ensures fast lamp changes with only 1 hex key tool required and the innovative spherical lamp ends prevent breakages on long lamp changes.
Reliability is guaranteed and when powered by GEW’s RHINO system, NUVA2 can be purchased with a 5 year warranty which means no unplanned maintenance costs well beyond the return on investment period.
NUVA2 is ArcLED ready so that a NUVA2 and LeoLED cassette can be used interchangeably in the same print unit and existing NUVA2 systems can be cost-effectively upgraded in the field with only the LED cassette and chiller required.
- High performance – UV curing for any irradiation width; fully air-cooled for optimum reliability and energy efficiency
- Easy maintenance – A smooth action cassette design makes quick lamp changes possible with 1 operator and 1 hex key tool, even with a 250cm lamphead
- ArcLED flexibility – NUVA2 and LeoLED cassettes can fit in the same casing and run on the same power and control for flexible hybrid press setups
- 5-year warranty – Safeguards against unplanned maintenance costs
- Maximum machine productivity – Fast start lamp technology; system proactively avoids unplanned downtime; consistent, high-speed curing; quick to install
- Flexible options – Doped lamps (Fe, Ga); multipoint UV monitoring; inert gas and customisation to suit specialist applications
NUVA2 at work
|Max electrical power||180W / cm|
|Irradiance at focal point||6.9W / cm²*|
|Typical dose @ 100m / min||160mJ / cm²*|
|Standard cross section||145mm W x 293mm H|
|Standard max operating temperature||40°C (104°F)|
|Standard max humidity||Non-condensing|
**Lamp variants available on request.
One of the key benefits of NUVA2 is its ArcLED capabilities.
ArcLED’s power system allows the printer to switch seamlessly between mercury arc technologies and LED technology.
To find out more about how NUVA2’s ArcLED capabilities can benefit your business, download our brochure below:
NUVA2 case study
Likora upgraded the final varnishing station on one of their gravure printing lines with a new UV-curing system replacing an older system. To this purpose they integrated three GEW-made 240cm-wide NUVA2 UV lampheads with RHINO power supply. The three UV lampheads are positioned vertically one after the other so as to achieve the maximum UV-curing effect. The UV system is mounted in a custom designed aluminium frame that integrates a retractable cooling panel and water-cooled quartz window to prevent the heat transfer onto the substrate.
The installation is based on a Cerutti machine with 5 print stations using water-based inks with IR drying. The configuration is now able to print and varnish substrates up to 2250mm wide with speeds up to 120m/min and mainly produces finish foils intended for wrapping and laminating on wood-based materials.
Speak directly to a sales representative
NUVA2 is a state of the art mercury arc UV curing technology that will give your business a competitive advantage.
You will complete jobs quicker, using less energy – keeping your costs sustainable and your customers happy.
If you would like to find out more about this curing system, we are here to help. Please contact the sales representative that is best placed for your region.