The curing of ink on unsupported heat-sensitive materials can result in web distortion, particularly where heavy, dark areas of ink are being applied. By wrapping the heat-sensitive material around a water cooled roller as it passes under the UV lamp any heat build-up or web distortion are eliminated.
Key Features and Benefits
- Unsupported film down to 20 micron can be successfully processed.
- No temperature rise through the dryer.
- Web temperature can be controlled, important for cationic ink curing.
- Low friction water unions, low inertia roller with water flowing through roller surface only.
- Precision construction to enable press registration to be accurately held.